IP Location and Operator Lookup
Sorry. Cannot IP value
Ultrafast Internet Address lookup API
IP to Geolocation and Risk Score Analysis REST API with field filtering flexibility in JSON, XML, TAB, CSV, or TXT format, designed for consumption with minimal client code.
The API can be of use in changing website content based on Operator's Location or to implement Access Restrictions based on Operator's Location and Risk score, such as TOR Exit node, Private Proxy, Open VPN or other untrusted routes and threatening behaviors.Learn Our API
What is IP Address Allocation?
Internet Protocol (IP) addresses are allocated to each device connected to the Internet (public address) or to a local network (private address) and are used to identify the device's network and the particular device when they communicate with other devices.
- Internet IP addresses are administered by a Number Resource Organization - there is a Registry Organization for each continent - e.g., ARIN for North America.
- Registry Organizations assign blocks of IP addresses to a Provider Organization such as an Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- ISPs provide individuals and organizations access to the Internet and allocate them IP addresses from the blocks they manage.
- An IPv4 Internet address is a unique 32-bit value expressed as a group of four numbers separated by a period - for example 220.127.116.11 - each number ranges from 0 to 255.
- An IPv6 Internet address is a unique 128-bit value expressed as a group of eight Hex strings separated by a colon character - for example 2602:306:e881:1000:abc:1089:0:ff - where each string is in the range from 0 to ffff.
What is an IP address Risk Score?
The IP address Risk Score alerts users to the possibility of an IP address being linked to malicious activity by a real person (human) or a machine (bot/server).
- An IP address assigned to a residential or cell phone customer by an ISP receives a low score if it is not recorded in any source as having been involved in any malicious activity in the recent past.
- When an IP address is identified as being used by a private VPN, residential proxy, or TOR connection, a medium-to-high score is given.
- IP addresses that were recently used for malicious activity such as security threats and cyber crimes are given the highest score, e.g., 100.